Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Diana Varvarici's Profile/Biodata & Picture

Share on :

Diana Varvarici

AGE: 20| HEIGHT: 5'9" | HOMETOWN: VAUGHN, ON

Born in the small Easter European country of Moldova, Diana moved to Canada at the age of ten and grew up in Toronto. Currently she is a pre-law student at the University of Toronto, specializing in Political Science, and French. After graduation, she hopes to attend law school completing a career path in International law. On the contrary, she also wants to be able to open her own boutique. Diana loves to work with paper and pencil to create innovative ideas for the fashion industry, making women feel elegant and feminine.

Due to her strong work ethic, perseverance and successful academic career, Diana was chosen for the prestigious TD Canada Trust Scholarship for Community Leadership. She volunteered with the Canadian Breast Cancer association, Free the Children, and funded her own organization for newcomers to Canada. She also hopes to establish an organization which will provide much needed aid for neglected Easter European hospitals, and orphanages. Diana is fluent in four languages, and hope that, that will help her with her future endeavors.

She tries to live life to its fullest potential and grab each and every opportunity to inspire and be inspired. If given the opportunity to become Miss Universe Canada: Diana will cherish each and everyday, trying to help the unfortunate yet, motivate those who are fortunate to act. Her aims would be to raise awareness in regards to human rights issues, poverty and lack of education around the globe.


Questionnaire

Are you currently a student?
If yes, where?
Area of study:

I am currently a pre-law student at the University of Toronto, studying Political Science and French.

Are you currently employed?
If yes, what is your occupation?

I am employed with Acura of North Toronto as a bookkeeper, and by TD Canada Trust in Public Affairs and Community Relations.

Have you completed secondary school?
If yes, where?

Yes, I completed secondary school in Toronto, in Newtonbrook Secondary.

Have you completed university/college?
If yes, where?
I am currently working towards an Honours of Social Sciences. Aspiring to go to law school.

Have you completed any technical/professional school?
If yes, where?
What subject?

I have several certificates for acting and film from the Sears Drama Festival.

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)

I am quad-lingual. My native languages are Russian and Romanian. I also speak English and French.

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc).

I have trained for four years for the performing arts in several plays and musicals. I also took several fashion design courses, hoping to further enrol in a fashion design program.

In what sports, if any, have you participated and how long have you participated in each sport?

I have participated in volleyball for five consecutive years. I also took part in cross country, as well as certain track and fields events such as Javelin, 100m run, and the long jump for four years.

Please list any schools and universities (public/private/graduate/trade or technical) you have or are attending, as well as the area of study, graduation date and any degree or certification you received.

I have attended several schools in Moldova and in Canada. ‘Liceu de Mihai Eminescu’ was a school I attended in Moldova. After which, I have attended middle school in Canada- Fisherville JHS. I graduated from Newtonbrook S.S. with an honours as well as a certificate in Bilingualism. I am currently attending the University of Toronto working towards an Honours degree in Political Science and French.

What charity/charities have you supported with your time and/or resources over past two years?

I was chosen as one of the recipients for the TD Canada Trust Scholarship for Community leadership therefore, the charities that I am evolved with range over many different fields.

In 2008 I have organised two fashion shows for Amnesty International and Free the Children. With my group of colleagues, we donated enough money to build a school in Sierra Leone. I also volunteered with the Moldova Aid Project in support of funding hospital equipment in Easter European countries. Recently, I organised a Multicultural fundraiser and a fashion show on March 7th, for the Canadian Breast Cancer Association. Also, in hand with the University of Toronto Fashion Group I organised an event to raise money for disaster relief in Haiti.

However, my biggest charity which I supported was my own. I started a translation organisation for newcomers to Canada. I worked with an employment agency for two years to sustain my own organisation.

I was also evolved, in several events with the top 12 GTA Miss Universe Canada contestants this year. Our two charities of support were SOS Children’s Village and Sick Kids. We raised funds through online auctions and several other dinner events.

What would be your "dream job" in life?

My DREAM job would be, to become and influential fashion designer. I always dreamed of having a magazine, or a women’s clothing line which would stand behind a charity and carry a meaning not just a name. I believe fashion and music have a certain power in this world to unite and make certain strong statements. I hope that my clothing line one day will be able to do just that; bring beauty, grace and confidence to women around the world, and carry on a name which would be associated with great changes.

However, to learn more about the world and experience a different perspective on things I am working towards law school and becoming an international lawyer. This would be a wonderful job opportunity, one which I would enjoy very much.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life? Why?

It is hard to associate one person as having the most influence on my life. I have been surrounded by many friends and family who have shaped my personality in different ways. However, I would have to say that my elementary school teacher had a great amount of influence on me. Her strict work ethic and her character have made me into the very determined person I am today.

What is the proudest personal accomplishment (other than being in this or any other beauty pageant competition?)

My Proudest personal accomplishment to date would have to be receiving the TD Canada Scholarship for Community Leadership. This Scholarship has saved me from student debt. I feel blessed that my education is paid for and I can save towards future goals.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

At the moment I have two very distinct and different career goals. I would love to be able to get into law school to practice and study international law. I am enrolled in a pre-law Political Science program at the University of Toronto. I believe that my diverse background and my ability to speak several languages would give me a great push in this field.

My other career goal, would be to launch my own clothing line and open my own boutique. I see fashion as an art and believe fashion can alter ones mood and confidence in many positive ways. I would like to associate this clothing line with a charity.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was raised in the very small Easter European country of Moldova. My childhood was spent mostly with friends and family. School was my second home; unlike most kids I actually enjoyed it! I moved to Canada at the age of ten and had to adapt to the new environment. Things that were special during my childhood were all the big holidays. We would always celebrate Christmas, New Years and Easter with family. I loved the Christmas and Easter traditions! I had a very simple childhood, where simple things like making paper dolls, drawing with chalk and spending warm and cold days with friends outside were all a part of my daily routine.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

I guess that my first job would have to be the most…interesting. When I was 14, I started to work at a Dairy Queen. Every time I would get to work I would volunteer to go to the back to restock, there I would eat the delicious cheese cake pieces! Also, the amount of ice cream we ate each day was overwhelming!!!

List any volunteering you have done.

As mentioned above I volunteered with Free the Children, The Breast Cancer Association, Sick Kids, The Moldova Aid Project, Plan Canada for Haiti as well as The Red Cross for Haiti and SOS Children’s village. Also, my personal organisation for newcomers to Canada.

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

I have been to Tulum, Mexico where I saw the Mayan Pyramids. The view of the ocean there is unbelievable; it looks like a post card! I also visited Saharna, a village in Moldova where there are monasteries carved in the rocks of the hills; they are thousands of years old. There is a view of a lake from those hills upon which stand beautiful orthodox churches, the sight is incredible!

What makes you unique and different from the other contestants?

All of the contestants in this competition hold something special to have gotten this far. However, I believe that aside from being a great representative for Miss Universe Canada, I think that I would also make a great ambassador. I speak four languages, and that allows me to have a certain ease when communicating with others. I have worked with many newcomers to Canada, and learned to comprehend and understand different people. I think that is a skill which makes me unique and very approachable.

What is your philosophy of/in life?

Write injuries in sand and kindness in marble, is the philosophy that I live by. I believe in karma and stand strong behind that idea.

I also believe that “success is often achieved by those who don’t know failure is inevitable”. That might sound a bit naïve, but I do believe that anything is possible with hard work.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

In 10 years I wish I could successfully finish school, and hopefully have my own, boutique – maybe in Paris. I know that sounds crazy but hey, dream big… right? I would also love to be able to be part of the UN, maybe with a bit of luck I can be there as an international lawyer. Overall, I would want to be around those whom I love and care about, that alone, would mean the world to me.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about yourself? Something unique that has happened to you? Some interesting thing about you?

Something interesting about me is that I have over 60 pairs of shoes! I love them and according to my friends have way too many pairs.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.beautiesofcanada.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

0 comments on Miss Universe Canada 2010 Contestant - Diana Varvarici's Profile/Biodata & Picture :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!